Healthy eating and dieting is one ideal way of maintaining a healthy weight. Although this might seem to be a little difficult nowadays because of the lure of some ‘instant weight loss formula’ and some diet pills that claim to have a quick fix on your weight problems. However, nothing can really beat the healthy way of losing weight.
It is important to note however, that healthy eating and dieting is not about getting very skinny, but maintaining that ideal weight which helps you stay away from health problems and be happy with life.
Here are some simple tips and ideas that can help you in your daily quest of healthy eating and dieting.
– A fish in your diet. Yes, indeed, fish should be an important part of your diet. Aside from being low in saturated fat, it is also low in calories. Fishes like Salmon, Tuna and Sardines are also rich in ‘good fats’ or omega 3, which helps not only in protecting the heart but in improving your metabolism and burning more calories.
– Do not eat more than what your body needs. It is indeed common sense not to stuff your body with more food than what you actually need, but it is also one reason why people are overweight. How do you know then if you are overeating? Your brain will send signals that you are already full and so you should stop eating, and one way to be aware of it is to eat slow. Not really too slow, but slow enough that you can chew your food properly, and you can listen to your body if you are already full.
– Water instead of soda. Instead of taking a can of soda after each meal, keep in mind to take water. Aside from being an important element in making our bodies function well, water is it also calorie-free and fat-free. If you are just starting out with healthy eating and dieting, you can start with cutting down on soda and drinking more water in your every meal.
– Add more ‘calorie-burning foods’ in your diet. There are indeed foods that may help you burn those calories, thus you may want to add these foods in your daily diet. Fruits rich in Vitamin C like citrus, lemon, grapefruit, apples and oranges contain less calories than what they burn, thus they help you in burning those extra calories you have taken in. Red pepper and other spices, as well as fishes like salmon and sardines are also among those foods that help you use up more calories.
– Add more fiber to your diet. Having about 20 grams of fiber each day is essential in having a healthy diet. Fibers are found in whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and they are of great help in controlling yourself not to overeat. Fibers help in making your stomach feel fuller, thus help you not to overeat. They are also good for maintaining a healthy colon as well as preventing common digestive problems like constipation. Moreover, these fruits and vegetables high in fiber are also low in calories and excellent sources of vitamins and minerals that nourish your body to help it function better.
Remember that healthy eating and dieting without exercise is not an effective way to maintain an ideal weight or even in weight loss. Exercise and increased physical activities should always complement your dieting to be able to attain an ideal weight as well as a healthy life.
Carolyn Anderson is a freelance author and an advocate of healthy living. If you want a great guide on healthy eating and cooking at the same time dieting, check out healthy recipes on the healthy kitchen. Also check out Yeast Free Cooking, where you can find healthy recipes free of yeast, mold and fermented foods.